Video Interview: Healthy Living with Laura
Recently Resourceful Me Art Therapy was featured on Wightman TV’s “Healthy Living with Laura.” I am so excited to share the episode with you!
The show’s host Laura Van den Borre is a Canadian Certified Pedorthist and the owner of Align Pedorthics. I have the privilege of working with Laura at Shift Family Health Centre where we both have office space.
During this episode, Laura and I chat all about what art therapy is and how it works. We also try an art activity together to give you a glimpse into what happens during an art therapy session.
Here are the topics we cover in our interview:
- What is art therapy?
- Do you have to like art to do art therapy?
- How is art therapy different from making art at home?
- What is my specific approach to art therapy? What makes Resourceful Me Art Therapy different?
- What might a parent notice in their child that could be a sign that they are feeling overwhelmed and may need some support?
- What kinds of challenges are a good fit for art therapy?
- If a family is interested in art therapy, what does the process look like?
- What typically happens during an art therapy session?
Here’s what we explore through the art therapy demonstrations:
- How an art task would differ depending on a child’s age (using the example of anxiety in a five year old versus a twelve year old)
- How to make a marble painting (Laura actually makes one!)
- Different ways that marble painting could be used with clients
I hope you’ll check it out! If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to call or email me. For more episodes of “Healthy Living with Laura,” click here.
Join the discussion and tell us your opinion.
[…] Video Interview: Healthy Living with Laura […]